Short summary of post
This position is responsible for planning and organizing of all maintenance for the assigned aircraft in the fleet.
Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Organize and supervise maintenance of the fleet carried out by the Approved Maintenance Organizations (AMO) in accordance with AMP.
- Establish and keep a current maintenance plan for the assigned aircraft of the fleet.
- Represent the Operator with AMO during maintenance of the assigned aircraft.
- Assess performed maintenance for completeness and correctness and update other members of CAMO and relevant persons of the Operator of the maintenance carried out.
- Carry out their tasks and responsibilities in accordance with company established standards and procedures.
- Identify and report any hazards, safety and security issues, is matches in company procedures and deviations from company procedures using company established reporting system.
- Forecast and control maintenance of assigned aircraft.
- Establish and keep current on a monthly basis a 12-month rollover maintenance plan for the assigned aircraft in coordination with the Flight Operations and Commercial Departments as well as the contracted Approved Maintenance Organization.
- Ensure compliance with maintenance agreement.
- Schedule, organize, and control all maintenance (including out of phase maintenance, deferred maintenance tasks and deferred defects rectification) with ADSoftware work orders system.
- Ensure that all defects discovered during scheduled maintenance, or reported, are corrected by an appropriately approved maintenance organization.
- Schedule, organize, and control AD and SB implementations in coordination with the Maintenance Coordinator AD/SB.
- Schedule, organize, and control modifications in coordination with Maintenance Coordinator Modifications/Avionics.
- Schedule, organize, and control repair in coordination with Maintenance Coordinator Structure/Airframe.
- Schedule, organize, and control life limited parts replacement.
- Specify all serialized parts required in connection with any maintenance of aircraft.
- Establish and keep current on a weekly basis short-term (A check, life limited parts change, defect rectification) maintenance plan for each aircraft of the fleet.
- Establish and keep current on a weekly basis long-term (C check, engine maintenance, landing gear maintenance, major modifications and repairs) maintenance plan for each aircraft of the fleet.
- Coordinate maintenance planning continuously (at least weekly maintenance planning meeting) with the Flight Operations, Marketing Departments and other relevant persons of the Operator.
- Coordinate maintenance planning continuously (at least weekly maintenance planning meeting) with other Maintenance Coordinators and MCC.
- Ensure that all maintenance is carried out in compliance with AMP and other applicable documents.
- Control and ensure that maintenance documentation (including work orders, certificate release to service, aircraft logbook, engine logbook, aircraft maintenance statement etc.) is complete, correct.
- Update AD Software after completion of maintenance.
- Review maintenance tasks with regards to possible impact on safety.
- Initiate AMP effectiveness analysis.
- Inform Procurement of all serialized items needed for scheduled and non-scheduled checks (including quality, quantity, and other required elements) and provide support during the procurement process to ensure timely and availability of the items needed.
- Inform Procurement and AMO of all non-serialized items needed for scheduled and non-scheduled checks (including, as applicable, quality, quantity, and other required elements) and provide support during the procurement process to ensure timely and availability of the items needed if required.
Skills and Qualifications
- 6 months experience in similar position in the past 24 months. Alternatively, one of the following:
- Part-66 license (or equivalent); or
- Electrical, mechanical or avionics or other studies relevant to aircraft maintenance with 3 years’ experience in the aviation domain after obtaining that qualification; or
- 3 years’ work experience in aviation domain, plus 2 years in continuing airworthiness management with similar responsibilities;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good English communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as good technical language knowledge.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Be proactive.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- An awareness of Health and Safety rules and regulations.
- Computer literate.
- Intercultural competence.
- South African citizen or be eligible to work in South Africa.
By applying for this vacancy, you consent to any personal information contained within your application and/or CV being processed for recruitment purposes. Your personal information will not be shared with any third-party without explicit consent from the applicant, and that all personal information belonging to unsuccessful applicants will be deleted from any records in compliance with the POPI Act.
Kindly Note: If you are not contacted within 10 working days of the closure date of this vacancy, please consider your application as unsuccessful.